Fast Flicks Volunteer Positions
Fast Flicks is run solely by volunteers. We are always looking for enthusiastic people to help out. Not all positions require field hockey experience and most require only a small amount of time.
To volunteer with Fast Flicks, contact us at
At this time Fast Flicks has a small governing Board responsible for high level planning and implementation. We typically have 1-2 Board meetings a year. Most work is done via email/phone and smaller meetings if necessary.
President – Oversees all areas of Fast Flicks and provides the high level perspective and vision for the league in the present and the future.
Vice President – Assists the President in running Fast Flicks. Oversees specific areas.
Secretary – Responsible for documenting Board meetings 1-2 times per year. Assists in correspondence. Coordinates advertising.
Treasurer – Responsible for all financial matters for Fast Flicks including budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, insurance policies, and tax information.
Though these positions are not officially part of the governing board of Fast Flicks, they are responsible for the large majority of the work to be done and are often called upon to assist the Board in making decisions.
1. Division Coordinators – Responsible for running each division within Fast Flicks. Divisions are Minkey (grades 1/2) Midi 3rd Grade, Midi 4th Grade, Junior (grades 5/6), Senior (grades 7-9). Tasks would include:
a. Form teams
b. Recruit coaches
c. Communicate from league to coaches and players
d. Handle questions/complaints
2. Registrar – Responsible for all registration. Tasks would include:
a. Create registration forms online for each season
b. Train on website use
c. Assist Division Coordinators in the set up of teams online
d. Handle questions from public AND league personnel
3. Webmaster – Responsible for website design and use. This would include training other personnel, including coaches, in website use.
4. Fields Supervisor – Responsible for acquiring, scheduling and maintaining all fields used by Fast Flicks.
5. Uniform Supervisor – Responsible for ordering, receiving, organizing and distributing uniforms to teams, officials and coaches.
6. Equipment Supervisor – Responsible for maintaining/assessing current inventory, assessing future needs, ordering, receiving, organizing, and distributing equipment to teams, officials, and coaches.
7. Referees Coordinator– Responsible for all referees. Tasks would include:
a. Recruiting/Registering referees
b. Training referees
c. Scheduling referees
d. Overseeing referees on game days
e. All communication with referees
f. Handle all referee questions/complaints
8. Spiritwear Coordinator– Responsible for working with retail representative to determine the apparel for the season, organizing the ordering process, and organizing distribution.
9. Picture Day Coordinator – Responsible for working with D&B Legends to set picture day schedule, distribute forms, organize distribution.
10. Coaches Training Coordinator – Responsible for the development and training of Fast Flicks coaches. This person would also assist the Division Coordinators in recruiting coaches.
11. High School Clinic Coordinator – Responsible for working with area high schools and clubs to provide clinics for our players/coaches. Currently we are working with Conestoga, Great Valley, and West Chester East. There are more schools and clubs out there that could be arranged. At this time our interaction with these high schools includes having them run a clinic for us AND potentially provide mentors for teams. We have also run “Fast Flicks Night” at some of the varsity games.
12. College Coordinator – Fast Flicks is looking to increase our interaction with local colleges. We see opportunities to tap into these resources for mentors, clinics, and more “Fast Flicks Nights” at a minimum. We have worked in the past with Villanova and West Chester Universities, and we are looking to expand this to other area colleges.
13. Swap Shop/Equipment Exchange – Fast Flicks is looking to start a “swap shop” of gently used equipment for our community. “Don’t throw out those outgrown sticks, get it in the hands of one of our Minkey players!” This would be a brand new effort and we are looking for someone to get it up and running and manage it throughout the season, and possibly the off season.
14. Coaches - we always need coaches who know the game of field hockey - even if you are "rusty". All coaches will be required to submit proof of background clearances in compliance with PA Act 153. Clearances include a PA State Police criminal background check and a PA state child abuse clearance ("Childline"). If you have lived in PA for less than 10 years, you must also submit proof of FBI federal criminal background check.
15 Referees - grades 8 through 12. We will provide some training prior to the start of the games. This is a great opportunity for references for jobs, college applications, etc. Referees get paid! Referees who are age 14 and up are required to submit proof of background clearances in compliance with PA Act 153. Clearances include a PA State Police criminal background check and a PA state child abuse clearance ("Childline"). If you have lived in PA for less than 10 years, you must also submit proof of FBI federal criminal background check.